Oracle Cooperative Routing enables you to more effectively manage all owned, leased, and contracted carrier and fleet resources. With visibility to your entire logistics network over time, Cooperative Routing allows you to strategically balance the use of carrier and fleet resources in the supply chain. This is accomplished by identifying historical shipping patterns and determining optimal asset utilization, while bringing visibility to potential continuous move opportunities.
The strategic plan that Cooperative Routing creates is considered within Oracle Transportation Management’s operational plan, ensuring that the fleet is deployed properly and the benefits of the plan are realized. As a result of this process, carriers and fleet operators can decrease transportation costs, increase committed capacity availability, and increase satisfaction rates for trading partners, service providers, and customers.
Strategic Asset Planning Integrated with Operational Planning
Using break-through optimization techniques and new transportation planning thinking, Oracle Transportation Cooperative Routing analyzes shipment history and/or forecast data to recognize patterns in supply chain flow based on shipment geography, volume and frequency. The result is a more effective plan for carriers, the fleet and other dedicated capacity. An optimal fleet blueprint is created that is used during the operational planning process, where resources are then assigned to actual shipments, helping to ensure that the plan is executed properly.
- Reduced transportation costs
- Support Sustainability Initiatives by Reducing Drive Miles, Fuel Consumption and Resource Emissions
- Improve carrier relations through greater predictability of equipment requirements
- Improve asset utilization & network efficiency
Key Processes Supported
- Analyze shipping patterns and assign contracted fleet and / or dedicated resources to most effective routes
- Determine optimal mix of private, dedicated and contract capacity
- Identify strategic continuous move opportunities
- Determine optimal fleet sizing
- Identify lanes that can be packaged together for bidding