Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) is the premier transportation and logistics operations system on the market today. By deploying OTM, customers achieve the dual benefit of cost reduction and customer service improvement.
Transportation best practices are imbedded in the processes but it also has the ability to create flexible business process automation within their transportation and logistics networks. Specifically designed to support the needs of both shippers and Logistics Service Providers, OTM’s unique single-platform provides decision support across all facets of logistics operations – domestic or international. OTM’s unique design supports deployment flexibility to support customers with basic transportation needs as well as those with highly complex logistics requirements.
Global Control, Local Execution, Central Management
Oracle Transportation Management enables companies to manage their transportation processes on a global basis in terms of supply chain flows (outbound finished goods, inbound supplies, inter-facility/company shipments, returns), modes of transport (truck, air, ocean and rail) and geographic area (regional and international). OTM provides support for multiple languages, currencies, units of measure and business functions that may vary by business unit and geographic region. As a result, companies can support the unique requirements of each of their global operations while creating synergies and efficiencies across their supply chain based on a single transportation management platform.
Foundation for Transportation Management Best Practices
Oracle Transportation Management provides support for the following transportation business functions:
- Transportation Order Management
- Rate Management:
- Track & Trace
- Transportation Planning & Optimization
- Freight Payment, Billing & Claims
- Transportation Analytics
- Transportation Sourcing
- Fleet Management
- Cooperative Routing
- Logistics Inventory Visibility
- Freight Forwarding & Brokerage
Standards Based Architecture
Oracle Transportation Management is built on a modern, internet based architecture that provides maximum flexibility and the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Internet Application: All Oracle Transportation Management functionality is accessible via standard web browsers, which enables companies to deploy the solution across their global organizations with minimal effort.
- Secure Collaboration: Oracle Transportation Management’s unique security model enables companies to collaborate with any trading partner – suppliers, customers, carriers, brokers, etc. – by enabling these parties to access relevant information and business functions in Oracle Transportation Management. For example, suppliers can route their orders, carriers can accept and manage their shipments, and customers can view the status of their deliveries.
- Service Oriented Architecture: Oracle Transportation Management fully supports a service oriented architecture (SOA) for maximum business process flexibility. Companies can support their specific business process requirements by leveraging Oracle Transportation Management’s many web services. For example, utilize Oracle Transportation Management’s rating engine service to generate shipment cost and lead times as part of an order fulfillment process.
- Scalability: Oracle Transportation Management’s flexible architecture enables companies to start small and expand as necessary to support growth in users, transaction volume and business