Demand Increase from Key Customer? Quality Issue with Key Component? Supplier’s delivery delayed due to stormy weather?
How do you react to such events that happen on short notice leaving planners scrambling to respond effectively? Want to re-run your planning cycle but it takes ~5-10 hours for complete planning cycle.
If you need an effective but faster way to respond to such supply chain events, you’re not alone in despair. Users in supply chain function were always asked to respond to these events in shortest possible time in most effective way with no integrated tool available to help. Thus, most planners revert back to manual methods or a complex spreadsheet to guess how best to respond to such scenarios.
Now, Oracle is scheduled to release a new tool to help planners respond to these scenarios more efficiently, with fast turnaround and using an integrated approach taking into account all available supply chain information.
Oracle Rapid Planning is tentatively schedule for late 2009 release to help planners in their day-to-day life find best answer to such supply chain events. Here are some key promises from Oracle Rapid Planning:
- Empower planners with rapid what-if scenario planning
- Leverage a strong UI for insightful analytics
- Make faster decisions through collaboration
- Translate decisions into actions
It is integrated with Demantra Real Time S&OP to help with Rapid S&OP simulation to help in following ways:
- Quickly and interactively simulate impact of demand changes on the supply picture
- Seeded templates for supply review, allocation decisions, and capacity review
- Seamless S&OP workflow to plan demand and supply simultaneously and interactively
This is one of the most exciting tool to be released by Oracle in Advanced Planning area and is highly anticipated by planners community to help them in their daily life managing supply chain operations.
Stay tuned for more details….!!!