There’s a reason our projects are on time and on budget and that companies large and small come to us for their biggest technical challenges. With our proven methodology, robust arsenal of over 100 industry-focused solutions, and application expertise, Inspirage provides unparalleled systems consulting expertise to enable the best practice use of Oracle Supply Chain Management applications.
We take a hybrid approach to all our implementations that bring together the best of both waterfall and agile implementation methodologies. We start with a clear plan and vision that comes with the traditional waterfall approach, while also incorporating rapid prototyping and look for requirements to evolve throughout the project that come from agile methods.
This approach gives us not only the speed and agility to meet 91% on time / on-budget metrics (compared to 40% industry standard), but also ensure that 96% of our clients achieve their business goals.
Looking to move to the Cloud?
Check out our Measure | Migrate | Manage (“M-Cubed”) program featuring our proven Rapid Value 90 methodology and iHub CS integration platform, which will help you move to the Cloud in 90 days or less. Learn more >>
Application Implementation Methodology
Our approach centers around three primary phases that we iterate on.
During this Phase we analyze the total business process holistically. This includes assessing the current state of the business and interconnected systems processes. We then work to create a design that supports the higher level processes and objectives, incorporates industry best practices, and supports both short- and long-term business objectives. We then determine the scope of systems and process improvements needed and new product features and processes that would benefit the client in the short and long run and validate these with key business process owners and stakeholders.
During this phase we build the solution and then test out all the essential business processes and requirements defined by our client during the solution design through a series of Conference Room Pilots (CRPs). Key users will be trained prior to CRP and they will use a pre-defined set of scenarios/test scripts to validate key aspects of the solution. This is an iterative process where we learn what’s working and what is not, and are able to go back to the design phase and adjust to client needs.Also during this phase we conduct a robust series of of tests of the system, including systems testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), performance testing, and integration testing. Our testing methodology uses requirements, test scenarios, and data that are created in conjunction with the client team. Our test cases are developed ensure a) the simplicity of the designed process in the system to meet the requirements; b) system performance remains acceptable in real-world setting; and c) integration is functioning properly with both internal and external touch points.
Finally, during the implementation phase we manage training, system cutover and post-production support. Inspirage offers robust training and education around Oracle’s applications and our consultants have a unique blend of industry experience and deep product expertise to deliver effective training and education programs to clients. We have three levels of training services (silver, gold and platinum).
Having delivered hundreds of successful implementations, we have found that program governance is a key factor to project success. We therefore place significant emphasis on this area and build out strong teams starting with our executive project sponsors right the way through to project managers and team members, all who are expected to deliver with high governance standards.
- Active Project Sponsorship – We ensure that key leaders both from the client side and from Inspirage are on the same page and are ultimately accountable for the overall success of the project.
- Experienced Project Management – Most of our consultants have at least 5-10+ years’ experience delivering Oracle implementations. Moreover, it is important to note that we don’t resource projects with junior consultants or sub-contractors. Our resources have typically worked within industry and therefore understand both the Oracle functional/technical side as well as the business side
- Detailed Project Organization – At the start of each project we outline key stakeholders and establish a RACI (R: Responsible, A: Accountable, C: Consulted, I: Informed) model for project organization.
- Comprehensive Change Adoption – In order to stay on time and on budget, we institute a change control process where the project team identifies any changes in scope, documents how the change may impact cost or timeline and then work with Project Manager or Steering Committee to accept or reject the change and then implement and close out the change request.
- Proactive Risk Mitigation – Throughout each project we work to identify and minimize various risks to achieving goals. These could be technical risks, data risks, functional risks, organizational risks, integration risks and more.
- Project Reporting & Process Controls – Effective status meetings and reporting are essential to the success of any project. We establish an appropriate cadence of meetings, reports and deliverables specifically designed for key stakeholders, including Project & Executive Sponsors, Steering Committee, Project Team, Key Users, etc.
Integration Architecture – iHub CS
No system can really live on its own and of lot of what we do involves integrating our clients’ new applications with other legacy systems (both inside and outside the organization). As such, Inspirage has developed iHub, which is our standardized integration approach and framework leveraging Inspirage’s experience from many successful implementations. This robust integration framework was designed to support current and future needs and includes pre-built integration solutions for both Oracle and non-Oracle ERP applications and legacy systems. Learn more about our iHub Solution>>
iHub is easily extensible and provides the ability to add new source systems for data using our standardized integration approach. As a result, you can achieve rapid time-to-value at a lower cost and risk.
Organizational Change Management
Inspirage’s change management philosophy is centered on business transformation. Typically, when clients implement Oracle applications, they are not just implementing a tool and automating what they have. Instead, clients are investing to realize a large business transformation initiative that is designed to provide significant results and return on investment.
People, process and technology (focused on separately and in that order) are often cited as the recommended approach taken towards business transformations. In our experience, this approach can often lead to improvements in one area impacting decisions and the value of changes made in other areas. Inspirage’s “Capability Focused Methodology” helps companies deliver improved results, with a “balanced” approach to developing its organizational “capabilities” for success. This will align the capabilities of talent/skills with business process maturity and ensure the technology solutions match appropriately.
Reach out to the Inspirage team to learn more about our application implementation methodology.